The city was successively occupied over the course of centuries, by Spanish, Ottomans and later by French. These generations of settlers made the city historically richer and certainly contributed to the culture and feel of this seaside community.
Le Méridien Oran Hotel & Convention Centre stands on one of the most beautiful cliffs of the region revealing a breathtaking view over the waters of the Mediterranean and the fort of Santa Cruz while overlooking the city of Oran.
Arts & Culture
- National Zabana Museum 2.0 km/1.2 miles.
- The fortified Santa Cruz Castle 8.0 km/5.0 miles.
- 1er Novembre Square 3.0 km/1.9 miles
- Promenade d’Ibn Badis (Ex Letang) 3.0 km/1.9 miles
- Laarbi Bel Mhidi & BD Emir Abdelkader 3.0 km/1.9 miles
- Palais du Bey 5.0 km/3.1 miles
- Santa Cruz Cathédrale 8.0 km/5.0 miles
- Regional Theatre of Oran Abdelkader Alloula 3.0 km/1.9 miles
- The Mountain of lions
- Medina Djadida
- Arabic is the official language
- French is widely spoken